Sunday, October 10, 2010
And the People Cry: "Inconvenient!"
As I mentioned in a post last week, I started a poll that came in with results showing a trend toward using lockers that they were not assigned to or simply just not using one at all. the primary reason most people stated for this went along the lines of "It just wasn't convenient for my schedule." Now last week this was based off of only around ten people, so the sample size a was obviously not large enough to warrant such a conclusion. However, in the past week I handed out an extra twenty surveys to random people, both of my friend's group and just random folks you find in the library, and the results were anything but depressing. All twenty of the survey's came back with a defiant statement telling me that they either didn't use a locker, or were not currently using the one that they were assigned. And again, the same reason came back, with everyone stating that using the school assigned one was inconvenient for them. This poses the simple question to my mind, why does it seem like there is never any semblance of convenience for the locker's students are assigned. Now I might think that the ideal scenario would be for students to have lockers that they choose and then register, but I also think that another way it could work is that the locker assignments could be enforced, but at least the administration could put some effort into giving student's lockers that somehow accommodate part of their schedule so it's not so horribly inconvenient. I haven't yet met with Mr. Mason to discuss this (as he was behind the policy change), but this will defiantly be one of the questions I pose to him, when I see him in the next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Push for this! See Mr. Mason! I don't see a way that the school could make convenient locker assignments, but perhaps the students could work this out, perhaps being assigned one at the beginning of the year but then making trades after that? There must be a way.
ReplyDeleteThat makes a lot of sense. I think that's a great idea. I'm not surprised by the way the survey results turned out either. It seems silly to have this rule when nobody is listening to it.
ReplyDelete