Sunday, October 3, 2010
First Look
On Friday, I had the opportunity to meet with my guidance counselor, Mrs. Sergeant-Jordan, to discuss my school life this year, college, and various other topics. In addition, we spent a good amount of time talking about the situation with the lockers at the high school. Though she didn't know very much, she did seem to think that the lockers had been changed due to a safety issue, and a need to protect students both from harm and from social harassment (at one point she mentioned the possibility of how it would feel to be a freshman and have your locker taken from you). However, I responded by asking the one lingering question, why the change? Why can't students switch and then register the lockers after enough time has passed for students to find and decide whether they like their locker or not? Although she was just speculating, she said she thought that the issue was probably with organization of student's lockers and the organizational problems while trying to keep track of everyone who was switching them. I understand her thinking on the subject, but it still occurs to me that this couldn't be so big of an issue as to ignore it all. I mean what's so difficult about keeping a spreadsheet or an equally simple to use application that records the locations of students lockers? Though she couldn't really help me to understand it, she did suggest that I go talk to Mr. Mason, the assistant headmaster, who she thought might have a bit more insight on the subject. So as far as interviewing has gone that's where I'm headed next. And who knows, maybe there will be an explanation that hasn't occurred to me yet and that even my guidance counselor couldn't come up with. but for now, I suppose I'm gonna have to wait and see, and set up a meeting with Mr. Mason in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mr. Mason is your man; he's in charge of lockers. He'll be able to answer your question.
ReplyDeleteIt is really weird how they decided to give up on keeping track of it all of a sudden. Were there serious organizational problems in the past?
ReplyDelete